7/01/2011

Black hills gold rush in Dakota territory.

This story is what when I was eighteen.
I was born as eldest daughter at a poor family in Dead Wood, Dakota, in1857.  My family consisted of my father, John, my mother, Mary, my sister, Chris, a dog, Elytis, which kind of Labrador retriever and I, though we are very poor, we spend happily and substantial daily life. As the Dead Wood is town which had a thousand people, I and my sister went to one school in this town. It was called Sandra. All my friends were richer than us in there, so they put on new and beautiful clothes, shoes, hat and so on. I was envious their position, but   I gave it up, because we had not no money. In addition to I knew it which my father worked very very hard, so I sad my father to I want a lot of new things. Whenever my friends wore new clothes, I swore to be famous and rich in the future in the depth of my heart.
Autumn, in 1875 when I became an eleventh grader, a lot of gold was founded by a carpenter at the America river near by Sacramento, California., That news was expanded as soon as possible by the American presses for all over the world. It included China, Australia and Japan. Some people who are my friends in my school, other people like us could not go there because we even did not have money for visiting there.  
However, spring in 1875 when I became a twelve grader, finally somebody founded some grains of gold in Black hills, South Dakota!! Although there was gold ore there, there was native people’s. The American government pledged to someone can not go through, tap and reside. In addition to if three four men of native people can not agree, do not receive the land. It was the holy land for their, but the government masked to survey there, and they opened for citizen to searching for gold. Therefore, marvelous numerical person visited there and there was alive with their. Of cause my friends went to there, so I intend to go there for looking for it.
one day, my mother said my father” Let’s go Black hills and we can emerge this situation” I and my sister agreed with her because we thought that my father did too, and we have talked about when and how will we depart to Black hills, but he kept silent a little time . After, he began speaking with calm voice. “We are right are not us? Then I sad “We are right. Because all my friends also go there, and I want to wear new and beautiful clothes, shoes, hat and so on. I have hate a dilapidated house and their. I want to be like everyone.” Then he said “Do you know what there is native people’s place? There has been a holy land for them, while the government digged up there to masked for survey of ground. We should not gain profit till ravaging. Do you want to go Black hills yet? Now, our livelihood is hard, but it is good rather what our livelihood is hard than what we are rich thanks Black hills.”
I find that my think had been mistake by my father’s words. It is not truth happiness for us to we get happiness by we destroy others. At the time, my dream change “what I want to be rich” to “I want to a person who make someone happy.”  

(588 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment