12/30/2011

BR 02-17 MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS

" ' She's afraid of me, and she hates me too. She hates me because I am beautiful, and she is not; because I had three husbands, and she never married."(p. 2)

This story was not written by Mary Queen of Scots. The writer was Bess Curle who is a her chamberlain. There is story about Mary Queen of Scots in this book.

The Queen of Scots returned from France when she was young, then her husband was died. And unfortunately for her, England have ruled by Elizabeth I then. And then The Mary Queen of Scots
was confined in Fotheringhay Castle in England with her a chamberlain and some maids...

The story was written in plain English, so it is very easy for us to read and understand this contents. At first, I could not be interested in this book as the story is history of England and about the Mary Queen of Scots. But, it is reader-friendly version, font and text, that means it is reader-friendly pages, so I was gradually interested in the story.


[193 words]

Vicary Tim. (2000). Mary Queen of Scots OXFORD BOOKWORMS LIBRARY: Oxford University Press

No comments:

Post a Comment