12/12/2011

Essay 2-03a Draft essay posts

I am Japanese, so of caurse I always speak Japanese with other people. Therefore I will write about how to learn English. I have been learning English from when I was a freshman of junior high school, for eight years by various ways of studying. I want to introduce you main 4 ways.

First of all, I study English in class. When I belonged junior high school, I took the English class three times in a week. I learned mainly grammar in those classes. Only the rudiment of  first term, I studyed alphabets,from A to Z, how to write and read them. After that I learned its grammar and conversation on the paper. I entered high school, I had to take the English class everyday. The Oral Communication course was included in those classes in those days. The class was I should speak with my ALT or class mate of mine in English. Sometimes I took three lessons in a day. It was very hard for me. I became a university student at Kumamoto Gakuen. I have been taking 4 English classes which are Writing, Speaking, Reading and Grammar, however I took Grammar class last year. Through I take those classes and application to my study English in classes, I can concern with English everyday.

Second, I always listen western music while I go to my university, stay my room or doing housework. For example I usually listen Backstreet Boys, James Blunt, Daniel Powter, Eric Clapton, Justin Bieber and Orianthi. First time, I listen the song without look its lyrics, and then I guess what the artist sing in it. Second, I listen it reading its lyrics and check what they sing in English, and finally, I look up the words, which I could not understand the meaning, in a dictionary. And then I sing the song memorizing it. I remembered a lot of expressions and collocations couse of that. This way is not torture for me to study English. The way is the best.

Third, what I just write, read and listen some words. This is it. The only way to learn words is by repetition. It is the most painful way for me to learn English as I fell sleep and boring soon. But once I memorized those words, I do not forget them easily. Before high school and university enter examination, I did it.  

Last one is what I watch some movies in English. When I watch the movie first, I watch it only image without English or Japanese subtitle. Next, I superimpose English one. Of course the soround is not Japanese at the time. Finally, I change English subtitle to Japanese one. After that I copy some words which I could not understand in the movie to my note, and I look up the words.

Those are my ways of English learning. I especially like second and last ways as them makes me so be exciting. I think that there are other various ways how to learning English. But they are my best ways at this moment. Therefore please tell me other means that are better than my ways.

[524 words]

12 comments:

  1. What western music do you like the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You study English pretty well!! Wow...@ω@
    Which do you like the best?(reading, writing, speaking, listening)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think it is good way to listening Western music to improve English ability!
    Who is your best singer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nononokiyuyuyukinonono~*O*
    Have you ever learnt any languages except English and Japanese??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your way of studying is so good because you consider the meaning lyrics of Western music. I often listen Western music without looking up lyrics. I will do like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Backstreet Boys are cool. I like them but I don't know a few songs. haha~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miyuki* hummm...I can't decide the best because I listen the music I like, but my favorite singer are Jams Blunt, Justin Bieber, Eric Clapton, Backstreet Boys and so many!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miwa* Thank you(^^) I love speaking of course! Because I love chat with someone♡

    ReplyDelete
  9. Momo* I can't decide!!!! I listen to the music witch I like. So please introduce someone whom you like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaaaaayaaaaaa* I had studied Korean and French when I was freshman!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Matusyuki* yeah! I recommend you Beatles and Carpenters to study listening!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gachapin* Oh really? so please listen to "The Hits: Chapter One" It is cool album!

    ReplyDelete